As Nissan’s Commercial Vehicles Division enters its third year of business in the United States market in calendar year 2013, it does so with strong sales momentum from its first two product offerings – the segment innovation-leading Nissan NV 1500/2500/3500 Cargo full-size cargo van and Nissan NV 3500 Passenger 4-row/12-person passenger van.
Joining the full-size NV duo at the 300-plus certified Nissan Commercial Vehicles dealerships across the country is another innovative all-new model, the 2013 Nissan NV200 Compact Cargo van. Featuring a small exterior footprint and a large cargo bay, the Nissan NV200 Compact Cargo offers fleet and small business owners a low projected total cost of ownership and maximum efficiency and utility.
The NV200 Compact Cargo, while new to North America, is already in use in more than 40 countries worldwide and has been chosen as the platform for the upcoming New York City “Taxi of Tomorrow.”
Designed as a “right-sized” entry point for current cargo van and small pickup buyers looking for an alternative to their larger, less fuel-efficient vehicles, the NV200 Compact Cargo offers 122.7 cubic feet of cargo space behind the front seats and a 53-inch cargo height, which is comparable to many standard roof full-size vans. It also offers tall cargo door openings – including the standard 40/60-split rear doors – and a low cargo floor liftover height of 21.1 inches. Payload capacity is rated at 1,500 pounds (S model). It is also ideal for business owners coming from passenger vehicles, thanks to the NV200 Compact Cargo’s cargo size optimization and functionality.
The NV200 Compact Cargo’s smart functionality features include car-like handling, a small turning radius for easy parking and maneuvering in city traffic and a comfortable, commanding driving position. The passenger seat includes a fold-down feature, providing a convenient worktable. Integrated mounting points are included to allow for third party upfitting of racks and bins.
Available technology includes Bluetooth® Hands-free Phone System, available NissanConnectSM with Navigation with 5.8-inch touch screen display, Nissan Voice Recognition for audio and navigation, with NavTraffic and NavWeather (SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately), POIs powered by Google®, Google® Send-to-Car, Pandora® radio capability (iPhone® only), Streaming audio via Bluetooth®, Hands-free Text Messaging Assistant, USB interface and RearView Monitor.
Powering the front-wheel drive Nissan NV200 Compact Cargo is a 131-horsepower 2.0-liter inline 4-cylinder engine matched with an efficient Xtronic CVT® transmission. Fuel economy is rated at 24 mpg City and 24 mpg Combined – the best in the segment* – and 25 mpg Highway.
The NV200 Compact Cargo is offered in two grades, S and SV, along with a number of option packages that allow buyers to create the exact package for their specific business needs.
Highlights of the 2013 Nissan NV200 Compact Cargo include:
- Nissan compact commercial platform with low load floor
- Unibody construction
- Nissan signature front grille, aerodynamic front end design
- Halogen headlights
- Black front and rear bumpers, door handles and sideview mirrors (manual)
Engine and Driveline
- Front engine/front-wheel drive
- 2.0-liter 16-valve DOHC 4-cylinder engine rated at 131 horsepower and 139 lb-ft of torque
- Xtronic CVT® (Continuously Variable Transmission)
- Independent front suspension with stabilizer bar
- 185/60R15 high-load all-season tires
Interior/Cargo Area Features
- Driver-focused front cockpit with fold-down passenger seat that creates a worktop or extended cargo space
- Driver’s 6-way adjustable seat with manual lumbar and armrest
- 122.7 cubic feet of cargo space
- Rear cargo area floor mat
- Available NissanConnectSM with Navigation with 5.8-inch touch screen display, Nissan Voice Recognition for audio and navigation, NavTraffic and NavWeather (SiriusXM subscription required, sold separately), POIs powered by Google®, Google® Send-to-Car, Pandora® radio capability (iPhone® only), Streaming audio via Bluetooth®, Hands-free Text Messaging Assistant
Safety and Security
- Nissan Advanced Air Bag System (AABS)
- Roof-mounted curtain side impact supplemental air bags for front occupant head protection
- Front seat-mounted driver and passenger side impact supplemental air bags
- 3-point front seat belts with pretensioners and load limiters