Lighter, smaller, quicker and more nimble than its predecessor, MX-5 has adopted Mazda’s full suite of SKYACTIV Technology and KODO—Soul of Motion design. In the process, MX-5 has shed approximately 150 pounds from its predecessor, with a curb weight of 2,332 lbs. when equipped with SKYACTIV-MT six-speed manual transmission (2,381 lbs. with the six-speed automatic transmission).
The MX-5 Club heightens performance with trim-level exclusive:
– 17-inch gunmetal alloy wheels wrapped in 205/45R17 tires
– Limited-slip differential when equipped with SKYACTIV-MT
– Bilstein shocks when equipped with SKYACTIV-MT
– Shock tower brace when equipped with SKYACTIV-MT
– Front air dam and rear lip spoilers
– Standard equipment on MX-5 Club models includes MAZDA CONNECT™ infotainment system with a seven-inch color touchscreen display and multi-function commander control, HD and SiriusXM Satellite -Radio, two USB ports, piano black side mirrors and seatback bars and a nine-speaker Bose audio system with headrest speakers.
Also available for the MX-5 Club is a package that equips the roadster with forged lightweight BBS 17-inch wheels, Brembo front brakes and functional aerodynamic side sill extensions and rear bumper skirt that were previewed at the Chicago Auto Show and on the MX-5 Global Cup race car.
“MX-5 is the heart and soul of Mazda, serving as a beacon for the rest of our lineup with its fun-to-drive dynamics, design and technologies,” said Jim O’Sullivan, president and CEO, MNAO. “Jinba Ittai—oneness between driver and machine—defines the MX-5. It’s a philosophy that has led every decision we’ve made toward bringing the MX-5 back to the basics that made drivers fall in love with it 26 years ago when the first generation debuted.”
All MX-5s bound for North America will come with compact LED headlights, Bluetooth phone and audio streaming and a SKYACTIV-G 2.0-liter engine. The MX-5 will be equipped with either a standard six-speed SKYACTIV-MT manual or available six-speed automatic. Further packaging details will be made available closer to the MX-5’s summer on-sale date.