The 2nd-generation RS 7 joins the Audi suite of all-new RS engineered models in the brand’s performance lineup. The 5-door coupe is equipped with a 4.0-liter TFSI bi-turbo V8 that generates 591-horsepower and 590 lb-ft of torque, allowing a sprint from 0-60 mph in 3.5 seconds. The visceral performance capabilities of the RS 7 are underlined by its lowered stance, aggressive RS styling, and flared wheel arches that make it nearly an inch wider on each side over the A7. Starting MSRP for a 2021 Audi RS 7 is $114,000 which excludes the destination charge of $995, taxes, title, other options, and dealer charges. Dealer sets the actual price!
Performance: pure power
- The standard quattro sport differential offers a dynamic driving experience and helps enhance cornering agility by actively splitting torque between each of the rear wheels, with the ability to direct nearly all torque to one wheel.
- Standard 8-speed tiptronic transmission with optimized shift times and new launch control function transmits the power of the 4.0-liter engine to the quattro all-wheel drive.
- RS ceramic brakes are available with red or gray painted calipers, and increase the top track speed of the RS 7 from 155 mph to an eye-watering 190 mph.
Suspension: agility on tap
- The RS 7 is equipped with an RS adaptive air suspension with controlled damping specifically tuned to suit the RS model. The air suspension can be adjusted between three different modes, allowing drivers to seamlessly switch between long-distance comfort and high-performance dynamics.
- Driving characteristics can be adjusted via the Audi drive select system. Six profiles are available, including customizable RS-specific RS1 and RS2 modes that can be enabled directly from an “RS MODE” button on the steering wheel.
- The RS 7 sits 0.4 inches lower than the A7 when “auto”, “comfort” or “efficiency” modes are selected. At speeds above 75 mph or in “dynamic” mode, the air suspension lowers the body another 0.4 inches.
Exterior design: a striking silhouette
- The most powerful expression of the Audi sportback body style will be offered exclusively in a wide-body, five-seater configuration, a first for the model.
- Flared wheel arches emphasize the sporty nature of the high-performance model, with nearly an inch more of width on each side over its predecessor. The RS 7 shares the iconic silhouette with the base model, but only has four identical parts: the hood, roof, front doors and tailgate.
- The RS 7 is standard equipped with 21-inch, RS wheels with summer tires. Available Black Optic or Carbon Optic packages include 22-inch wheels, a black grille and black or carbon exterior accents.
Interior: driver-focused, RS-specific
- Standard MMI touch response with haptic and acoustic feedback features a 10.1-inch upper display used for controlling infotainment and navigation functions and an 8.6-inch lower display used for climate control, comfort and convenience functions, as well as for natural handwriting input with whole-word recognition.
- Standard second-generation Audi virtual cockpit features a 12.3-inch display that offers HD resolution of 1920 x 720 pixels.
Standard RS sport seats are upholstered with Valcona leather with a honeycomb pattern and RS embossing. The fully perforated, heated RS sport leather steering wheel features new