Bentley just released a new multimedia connectivity concept premeditated for officials and executives riding inside the bespoke cabin of the Mulsanne ultra-luxury touring sedan. It’s a magnificent vehicle Automotive Rhythms has had the pleasure of driving on numerous occasions around the world. The Executive Interior Concept offers an impressive display of personalization, comfort and entertainment features designed to conduct business on the move or to simply unwind between meetings.
With over 170 hours of tender love and care, Bentley craftsmen and women ascertained that Mulsanne rear passengers receive individual Apple iPad workstations integrated into the dual retractable picnic tables with full Internet access. A large, drop-down LED screen ensures that a wide selection of movies and television can also be enjoyed. Renowned for its painstaking attention to detail, Bentley has added a range of finishing touches including a Tibaldi fountain pen which is designed to mirror the Mulsanne’s knurled-metal rotary switchgear. And seen on a Bentley for the first time is a distinctive Yachting-style veneer, which blends light and dark contrasting tones throughout the cabin. Automotive Rhythms (AR) had a chance to experience the vehicle during the Frankfurt International Auto Show recently. “I was highly impressed with Bentley’s courageousness to advance the Mulsanne as well as their implementation of Apple’s intuitive products,” said AR President and Publisher, Kimatni D. Rawlins.
Key entertainment and business features include:
- Two electric-powered, foldable wood veneer picnic tables in the rear cabin, each with Apple iPad and Apple Bluetooth keyboards.
- The twin iPads enable the Apple Media Center to play video files and music, provide access to personal and work e-mail as well as the Internet.
- Apple Mini Mac stored in boot compartment enables integration of iPad with Bluetooth keyboard and iPod acts as control panel in rear console.
- Roof console with 15.6 inch High Definition LED dropdown monitor plays videos from both DVD changer and Mac Mini.
Comfort, control and stowage features
- Illuminated rear center console fitted with twin, individual armrests.
- Rear console also houses Apple iPod (control panel), two cup-holders, tissue box and large stowage area.
- Apple iPod controls – Rear Seat Entertainment (RSE) and audio system, Apple Media Center, plays music and access to Internet.
- Two USB connectors provided for the Apple system and one Apple interface connector for the iPod.
- Bespoke control keys on rear console operate picnic tables, reading lights, control HD LED screen and select video and audio options.
- Armrest contains Tibaldi pen and Privacy Telephone handset.
- Bespoke bottle cooler in rear center console with illuminated, double-glazed frosted glass door.
- Additional, multi-directional reading lights are provided for each rear passenger and can be operated with Apple devices.
- Sophisticated mood lighting in the rear center console using multiple soft glowing LEDs.