MOG On-Demand Streaming Music Service and BMW to develop in-car integration for on demand music for BMW USA.
BMW of North America announced that it is partnering with MOG to develop a new BMW Apps Certified App, which the companies expect to bring MOG’s award winning, on-demand streaming music service to BMW vehicles equipped with the BMW Apps smartphone app integration option. The two companies will demonstrate a beta version of the app at the North American press launch of new 6 Series Coupe.
“The partnership with MOG is another great step for BMW Apps, as we continue to listen to our customers and work to assess, develop and launch the apps they want most in a timely manner,” said Paul Ferraiolo, Manager of Product Planning and Strategy for BMW of North America. “The development of BMW Apps enables us to bring new features into the car with a speed that simply was not possible before. Stayed tuned, there will be more to follow.”
“We’re thrilled to work with BMW to unveil a premium automotive integration of an on-demand music service,” said David Hyman, CEO of MOG. “We remain focused on giving people ways to enjoy music wherever they are, and we are jointly designing a MOG user experience specifically for BMW USA that makes it fast, easy and safe for drivers to enjoy unlimited, uninterrupted music and still focus on the road. People listen to music while driving more than anywhere else, so it’s critical for us to offer MOG in the car,” Hyman added.
The demonstration app that will debut in Monterey will preview the advantages of offering an on demand music service that is deeply integrated into BMW’s premium ConnectedDrive technology.
The beta MOG app for the BMW Apps option showcases the following capabilities:
- On-demand streaming: Unlimited, ad-free listening to any artist, album, or song at any time from virtually anywhere.
- Seamless integration: Easy to browse and search, play, re-play, or skip to your favorite songs using the existing BMW iDrive controller and steering wheel controls.
- Storage: MOG will allow users to store their MOG music on their phone, enabling access to their favorite titles even when a data connection is not available.
- MOG radio: Only MOG offers patent-pending “MOG Mobius” music discovery engine, which enables users to switch between true “artist only” radio or a full mix of similar artists.
- Curated content: Users will have access to New Releases, Editor’s Picks, top Charts, Featured Playlists, and Custom Radio in addition to their own tagged songs from within the MOG music service.
- Highest quality audio: MOG downloads music at 320kbps, which provides the highest quality listening experience.
The final MOG app would allow BMW USA customers to download the MOG app, connect an iPhone via USB, and MOG will immediately work with the existing BMW Navigation systems equipped with the BMW Apps option.
MOG offers a $9.99 per month MOG Primo subscription plan, which provides subscribers with access to MOG for unlimited, on-demand listening access online at MOG.com, through the MOG app on iPhone and Android phones, through compatible CE devices from major manufacturers such as Roku, Sonos and LG, and soon Samsung and Vizio, all via a single MOG account.