Are you tired of charging your noise canceling headphones before a big trip? Or maybe you even forgot to charge the battery before a 7-hour flight to Europe. It happened to me once with Bose’s QuietComfort3s. So I was relegated to using the useless airline headphones. Why not try out other technologies I thought, and looked first to Bowers & Wilkins’ P5 high-fidelity, noise isolating over-the-ear headphones.
You can find B&W in Jaguars, home theaters, mobile audio and recording studios. Everything they create is tier one quality and superior craftsmanship. Try listening to your iPod from a Zeppelin sound dock or iTunes from their computer speakers and you will see what I mean. The P5s represent the first ever headphone from Bowers & Wilkins and was specifically designed to offer the best possible sound quality and comfort for mobile applications. Now, anytime I leave the house I have the P5s with me because they are so easy to get going. Noise isolating and noise canceling are two different technologies, but serve the same purpose to a listening ear. With the P5s baby cries on planes are shut out just as sound as with the QuietComfort3s. What noise canceling offers is more power for those that like listening to music cranked up. Yet, as I grow in age I want some usefulness from my sense of sound. Happy Holidays.
Here are some stats on the $299.95 headphones.
• Designed to be both robust and durable while still luxuriously comfortable which makes longer listening sessions a pleasure
• Constructed of metal throughout the product
• Uses a closed back design best for isolating random noise -Incorporates a large 40mm drive unit in order to get the best possible bass response -Drive units are specially selected Mylar diaphragms and Neodymium magnet systems -Protective mesh in front of P5 has been designed to be as open and unobtrusive as possible resulting in very clear
• The headband and ear pads are crafted from the finest quality New Zealand sheep’s leather
• Ear pads use memory foam to create a tight but soft and comfortable seal around the ear, helping to isolate the ambient noise and to couple the driver to the ear
• Comes with an Apple in-line remote cable, for easy speech and device control -The leather ear pads are magnetically attached, and can be quickly removed to swap the supplied cables or replace for new ones
• 2.5mm mini jack (on Headphone) Height 180mm (7 in) Width 150mm (5.9 in) Depth 35mm (1.4 in) folded flat, 60mm (2.4) in service Weight 195g (.4 lbs) Finish Enclosure: Real Leather and metal