Bowers & Wilkins is proud to announce that the 2013 Quattroporte will feature a new high-performance sound system that perfectly complements Maserati’s new flagship vehicle. The premium surround system builds on Bowers & Wilkins benchmark-setting in-car audio performance by adding exclusive new elements and ingredients.
The all-new, redesigned Maserati Quattroporte was unveiled at the Detroit Motor Show, giving customers an opportunity to experience the Bowers & Wilkins premium surround system for the first time. The new premium surround system draws on Bowers & Wilkins extensive know-how along with the brand’s technologies and pioneering use of materials to raise audio performance to new levels. The system’s components utilize a combination of high-performance, low-distortion speaker designs, including extended range aluminum tweeters, Kevlar midrange units, and Rohacell woofers, reflecting components found in Bowers & Wilkins award-winning premium loudspeakers.
Every detail of the Bowers & Wilkins premium surround system is designed and acoustically optimized for the Quattroporte, following an intensive engineering and design collaboration between the Maserati and Bowers & Wilkins teams aimed at uncompromised best-in-class results.
The 15-speaker system is powered by a HARMAN high-efficiency multichannel DSP amplifier, incorporating its highly-advanced QuantumLogic surround technology. The new cutting-edge surround technology allows customers a choice of listening modes, effectively putting them on stage or in the audience, making for an engaging and immersive audio experience which is unlike any other…. and only available in the car.
- 15 speaker system featuring:
- 25 mm extended-range aluminium tweeters (dashboard (L/C/R), rear doors)
- 100 mm Kevlar midrange drivers (front doors, centre dashboard, rear parcel shelf (L/R))
- 165 mm carbon-fibre/Rohacell bass drivers (front doors)
- 165 mm Kevlar bass/midrange driver (rear doors)
- 320 mm x 200mm subwoofer (rear parcel shelf)
- 1,280 watt, high-efficiency Class-D amplifier featuring HARMAN QuantumLogic Surround