Dubbed “The Driving Force” the Black Automotive Media Group (BAMG) is seeking a select group of African American students from Lincoln University to participate in a virtual field credit internship program comprising mentoring and training sessions. Our Automotive Multimedia Internship project will expose journalism, communications, broadcast, and public relations students to media-based opportunities within the auto industry. Audi of America supports the project in conjunction with BAMG, Automotive Rhythms TV, and Bumper2Bumpertv.
The program is slated for a virtual experience winter/spring 2021, with interaction occurring weekly through Zoom’s digital meeting systems. Students will participate in various training activities taught by professional automotive journalists, publishers, and seasoned media producers. You will also hear from Audi communication executives, designers, or product planners with a chance to interview each.
Applicants must have sound written and verbal skills, a keen familiarity with social media, and an understanding of storytelling through either editorial, photography, radio, or video. The goal by the end of the internship is to enhance your insight into automotive writing styles and digital production techniques to present either a self-produced automotive video, photo gallery, broadcast review, or social media analysis of an automotive category (ie., design, electric vehicle, safety).
Participants will explore multiple pathways in the automotive industry including but not limited to:
- How to promote and market your competencies through brand creation, including intellectual properties, Website development, social media, etc.
- How to compose a story utilizing key vehicle features
- Networking strategies to help evolve your new media businesses
- Scriptwriting and storyboarding to tell the viewpoint of your automotive feature
- Learning automotive terminology and familiar phrases to describe various aspects of the presented vehicle
- A possible visit to Audi’s headquarters based on COVID-19
This 10-week Field Experience internship provides a stipend of $500, which will be distributed at the internship’s conclusion. There will also be opportunities for the publishing and distribution of your work through Automotive Rhythms TV and Bumper2Bumpertv.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 pm February 6, 2021
For inquiries or questions, please email Kimatni Rawlins at Kraw@ARtvLive.com