What do you get when you combine one tough van, some of the world’s most influential fitness pros and an undying commitment to fitness? FitTruck, powered by Ford and Reebok, is hitting the road on one of the most pumped-up fitness tours ever – spanning more than 2,000 miles during seven weeks this fall. The truck will pop up in locations across the eastern U.S. using Reebok’s world-class instructor network to take fitness beyond the gym with the help of the extremely customizable Ford Transit.
“FitTruck embodies the idea that the gym is everywhere and fitness can truly take place anywhere – a city, a park or your own home,” says Steve Robaire, Reebok director of instructor engagement and global events. “Today, everything can be made mobile, from food trucks, to retailing clothing and accessories, to basic health care and beyond. It just made sense to take this concept and use it to promote something healthy.”
FitTruck is bringing some of the world’s most renowned names in fitness to pop-up events, fitness boot camps and wellness clinics. Reebok’s wide instructor network, Reebok ONE, includes more than 106,000 fitness trainers from around the world.
Special guests from Reebok ONE’s network on the FitTruck tour include:
- Emily Skye: Australian fitness star and founder of the hugely popular F.I.T fitness workout
- Jamie Eason: International cover model and co-creator of Lean Body for Her natural supplementation
- Ashley Horner: Official female spokesperson for Bodybuilding.com
- Cory Gregory: Creator of the Squat Every Day program
- “Silent Mike” Farr: Co-host of the popular fitness podcast Powercast and a world-renowned powerlifting expert
Athletes will share on-tour experiences via social media. Follow the tour’s progress using the hashtag #FitTruck.
One wild ride
FitTruck’s multi-state tour will take it through a number of stops:
- 20-21, Boston: Reebok headquarters will get the tour started right with a celebration. From there, FitTruck will be making stops along the way to its next stop in Virginia Beach for pop-up activations at Reebok FitHubs in cities including New York and Washington, D.C.
- Oct 24-30, New York, Washington, D.C.: FitTruck will host popup activations at Reebok FitHubs
- 30 – Nov. 6: Virginia Beach, Virginia: FitTruck’s next stop takes it to the East Coast, where it will be hitting local gyms. Ashley Horner will host a Facebook Live training session, and FitTruck will be right there as she runs a 50-mile ultramarathon through the mountains. Plus, the winner of the Win a Day to Meet and Train with Ashley Horner contest will receive a one-day training with the fitness pro herself
- 8, Raleigh, North Carolina: Touring North Carolina’s capital city, FitTruck will feature a workout with adaptive fitness athlete and professional Logan Aldridge and other local grassroots events
- 12, Charlotte, North Carolina: Next, a trip through the Queen City as FitTruck parks outside a local gym, encouraging people to stop and join fitness competitions and apparel giveaways throughout the day. Don’t miss out on the chance to win prizes for doing burpees
- 26 – Dec. 2, Columbus, Ohio: It’s game day for FitTruck, which will be tailgating outside the Ohio State University-University of Michigan football game, hosting fitness competitions and giving away prizes to students. Plus, Cory Gregory will host a Squatlife seminar. And check out the big appearance from “Silent Mike” Farr, who will shoot a YouTube video onsite.
Built Ford Tough
Just as Reebok encourages people to enhance their lives through the physical, mental and social benefits that fitness provides, Ford empowers fleets and tradespeople every day with tough vehicles built to take on demanding jobs.
Ford Transit features high-strength unibody construction and gives customers flexibility with 64 available configurations for 2017 – the most in its class. Built on a Transit 250, FitTruck has a high roof and 148-inch wheelbase, and is powered by a 3.2-liter Power Stroke® I5 Turbo Diesel with a six-speed SelectShift® automatic transmission.
Two of Ford’s qualified vehicle modifiers, TransitWorks and Adrian Steel, worked together to transform this Transit cargo van – with 404 cubic feet of cargo space – into a relentless fitness machine.
TransitWorks fitted the front of the van with four removable seats to comfortably transport the influential fitness instructors on tour, as well as a custom floor, lighting, headliner and partition. Adrian Steel custom-designed and built storage for a variety of fitness equipment, including dumbbells, barbells, weight plates, battle ropes, resistance bands, yoga mats, medicine balls and kettle balls.
It’s just another example of how Ford’s upfitter network can equip the flexible Ford Transit for any job – even if that job is a grueling 2,000-mile fitness road trip.
“When duty calls, business professionals and commercial fleets want a vehicle with the rugged reliability to get the job done and a feature selection customized to their specific needs,” said Julie Ellenberger, Ford marketing manager for Transit. “Transit has a track record of taking on the toughest situations drivers can throw at it, whether navigating a construction site or an urban landscape. Likewise, embracing a healthy, fit lifestyle allows people to handle the toughest life can throw at them, both mentally and physically.”