Amelia Island Concours, the international, award-winning and classic car event is taking place March 11–13, 2016, at Amelia Island Ritz-Carlton and Golf Club of Amelia Island and is an opportunity for car fans to rub elbows with the racing world elite. Targeting high-end consumers, “The Amelia” allows nearly 28,000 visitors to wander through the golf course, cool off with a mint julep and gaze at million dollar cars. It’s southern society at its finest with a Floridian flare, with international visitors returning, year after year.
Some of this year’s highlights include the following:
- The iconic Buick Roadmaster from the movie “Rain Man” marking its world debut after a full restoration
- Janis Joplin’s 1964 Porsche 356 C 1600 Cabriolet on display along with other Porsches in the special 356 class
- Historic concept cars all developed outside of the major manufacturers in Detroit the resulted in captivating and sometimes outrageous concepts for public consideration
- Meet and greets with racing legend Hans-Joachim Stuck
- Racing’s most famous trophies (Indianapolis 500 Borg-Warner Trophy, Daytona 500 Harley J. Earl Trophy and more) paired with the cars that won the races
- Authentic NASCAR cars from the 1960s and 1970s
- The Porsche Driving Experience – a spirited ride with a professional driver and an entrant participation autocross
- Cars & Coffee – On Saturday, March 12th, over 250 classic and exotic cars from local car clubs will be displayed on the 10th and 18th fairways of the Golf Club of Amelia Island — Free admission.
- Celebrating the Cord and Pegaso marques and the 100th Anniversary of BMW