BMW announces the latest enhancement to its brand shaping 3 Series with the introduction of the 2016 model updates. Accounting for around 25% of total worldwide vehicle sales, the new 3 Series Sedan and Sports Wagon represent the brand’s most successful model line with over 14 million sales globally. For the 2016 model year, the new 3 Series receives a range of enhancements highlighting dynamics, supporting the vehicle’s true emotional commitment to the brand and its customers. The introduction of the 340i, marks the world premier of an all new inline 6-cylinder gasoline engine, producing 320 hp with 330 lb-ft of torque. This new modular BMW EfficientDynamics engine features BMW TwinPower Turbo Technology, combining unbeatable performance with outstanding efficiency.
- New 340i Sedan features new 320 hp TwinPower Turbo Inline 6 cylinder
- Standard Sport Line on the 328i, 328d and 340i models (including xDrive)
- New Track Handling Package available for gasoline powered models
- Available Navigation system now with over the air map updates
- LED headlights now available (optional 320i, 328i, 328d and standard on 340i)
- New 330e first ever plug-in hybrid 3 Series announced