World-Renowned Automotive Lifestyle Event Offers New Charitable Patron Ticket with Same Access to Exclusive Luxuries Associated with the Iconic Gathering
Universally regarded as one of the most highly influential international events during the historic Monterey Car Week, The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering (The Quail), will return to the lush green grasses of Quail Lodge & Golf Club in Carmel, Calif. on Friday, August 19, 2016.
Featured themes for 2016 include Rivalries of the Ages, the 100th Anniversary of BMW Celebrating Motorcars and Motorcycles, A Retrospective of Laguna Seca Raceway, the 50th Anniversary of the Lamborghini Miura, Pre-War Sports and Racing, Post-War Sports, Post-War Racing, Supercars, The Great Ferraris and Sports and Racing Motorcycles.
More than 200 rare motor vehicles, selected from private collections around the world, will be on display. Examples of exceptional driving machines showcased at the event include but are not limited to the following:
- 1957 Lancia Aurelia B20 ‘Outlaw’ Coupe, a modified take on the legendary race car that won its class at the 1951 24 Hours of Le Mans by a full lap and finished second overall in the Mille Miglia.
- 2016 Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus, which recently won its class at the 2015 24 Hours of Nurburgring then promptly drove off the track to Turin to Como and displayed at Villa d’ Este.
- 1934 Packard Chassis Coachbuilt Body, owned by Metallica frontman, James Hetfield, this lift-off hardtop roadster is built with a sinister elegance.
- 1966 Lola Mk2 T70 Can-Am, which left the London factory as a roadster in 1966, but can now be seen as a modified coupe in vintage races across the United States.
- 1955 Porsche 550 Spyder; a proper racecar with a pedigree and history that recently earned the title of “The Most Significant Porsche Class Winner” in 2008 at Amelia Island.
The invitation-only event will not only boast the world’s finest sporting automobiles, but will also serve as a stage for highly-anticipated luxury automobile manufacturer debuts and reveal The Peninsula Hotel’s inaugural The Peninsula Classics Best of the Best Award. The Quail will continue to feature the Rolex Circle of Champions and six exquisite culinary pavilions, themed after world-renowned The Peninsula Hotel restaurants, among other must-see showstoppers. With sweeping views of the Santa Lucia mountain range, The Quail – unlike other motorsport events – has earned acclaim beyond just that of a gathering of the finest motorcars.
The 2016 event also marks the first time guests have the opportunity to bypass the traditional ticket lottery and waitlist. In its fourteenth year, The Quail will maintain its legacy as the most intimate celebration of the luxury motoring lifestyle, while introducing its new Charitable Patron Ticket.
The Charitable Patron ticketholder will have equally unparalleled access to the rare display of the top automobiles, as well as access to the event’s gourmet cuisine, award winning wine and spirits, specialty cocktails and noteworthy local brewery selections in the traditional garden-party setting. All guests are welcomed to mingle, champagne in hand, as they enjoy live entertainment and indulge in decadent culinary offerings, including caviar and oysters.
Fifty percent of the Charitable Patron ticket will directly benefit Rancho Cielo, preferred Charity of The Quail. With the contribution, guests will receive the following:
- 1 Ticket to The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering with early access
- Exclusive access to The Quail Charitable Patron’s private lounge at the event
- Special Patron Parking Pass
- Recognition in the 2016 The Quail Magazine
- 1 Copy of the commemorative 2016 The Quail Magazine and Event Poster
- 1 Limited Edition Charitable Patron Lapel Pin
Charitable Patron Tickets can be purchased here: http://peninsula.ticketmob.com/event.cfm?cart&id=126069 ; Passcode: PATRON
“The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering has become the highlight of Monterey Car Week and one of the most sensational events of the year. Thousands of motor vehicle enthusiasts, collectors, hobbyists and friends come to Monterey to share their love and admiration for exquisite automobiles in an intimate garden party setting, while also benefiting charitable organizations,” said The Quail’s co-founder, The Hon. Sir Michael Kadoorie, Chairman of The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels, Limited. “2016 is a special year for The Hongkong and Shanghai Hotels, the parent company of Quail Lodge & Golf Club, as we celebrate our 150th anniversary. In honour of our anniversary, we are delighted to introduce one of our group’s 1934 Rolls-Royce Phantom IIs, which is travelling around our properties in the US as a ‘goodwill ambassador.’ Also on display is the winner of the inaugural The Peninsula Classics Best of the Best Award which will be held on August 16, 2016.”
All-inclusive tickets to The Quail are $600, randomly allocated through the lottery ticket system. Charitable Patron Tickets are $2,500, available for just 150 guests. For information on purchasing a Charitable Patron ticket, contact The Peninsula Signature Events at (831) 620-8879. The fee for showing a vehicle is $700 per car and includes two all-inclusive tickets to the event, an event gift bag, an entrant plaque, event folding chairs and entrant biography and photograph included in The Quail Magazine.
About The Peninsula Signature Events
The Peninsula Signature Events is organized by The Peninsula Hotels, dedicated to creating world-class bespoke events at its properties in Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, Beijing, New York, Chicago, Beverly Hills, Bangkok, Manila, and Paris – future openings, Yangon and London. Quail Lodge & Golf Club is home to the following Peninsula Signature Events: The Quail Ride, The Quail Motorcycle Gathering, The Quail Rally and The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering. http://signatureevents.peninsula.com.