Electrify America has earned the “EV Charging Infrastructure Best-in-Test” award for the second year in a row, according to infrastructure and benchmarking specialist umlaut, now part of Accenture, and Charged Electric Vehicles Magazine.
The announcement story in Charged Electric Vehicles Magazine reports on umlaut’s evaluation of seven EV charging network providers. In ranking Electrify America as the overall winner by a fifty point margin, the magazine noted the company’s leadership in the “Digital Platform” category and ranking in the top two companies in the “Charging Locations” category. The 2021 announcement story of Electrify America taking top honors in the Best-in-Test award can be found here.
In making the announcement, Hakan Ekmen, managing director at umlaut U.S., said: “Congratulations to Electrify America for winning the ‘Best-in-Test’ award for the second consecutive year. Even though we tested in different states this year, the overall results indicate that the EV charging infrastructure in the U.S. is improving in terms of accessibility, ease-of-use and fewer charging errors.”
This is the second year in a row for Electrify America to be named the “Best-in-Test” winner with the company taking the 2020 honor in only its third year of offering ultra-fast DC charging services in the U.S. The 2020 announcement can be found here.
“Electrify America appreciates this significant recognition for our charging network. Every day, our team is focused on providing customers with a convenient, reliable and high-quality ultra-fast charging experience,” said Giovanni Palazzo, president and CEO of Electrify America. “To receive this honor from a highly regarded and independent testing company like umlaut is gratifying. Our goal is to provide a seamless EV charging experience for our customers.”
Electrify America has implemented significant improvements throughout its operations that align with categories and key performance indicators identified by umlaut in its “Best-in-Test” award. With a focus on continuous improvement, the company has taken significant actions to ensure customer satisfaction such as:
Digital Platform Category:
- Website – Maintained industry-leading customer-facing website publishing content on new product launches and business updates.
- App Operation – Regular cadence of bug fix releases and robust quality assurance team in place. Constantly monitoring app comments for additional improvements.
- App Functionalities – Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration allowing drivers to access Electrify America’s mobile app through their vehicle’s infotainment
- Price Transparency and Payment – Electrify America provides full transparency on its pricing. Our website and mobile app clearly show the pricing by state – pointing out the difference between our per minute or kilowatt hour rates which are determined by the
- Environment of the Location – Stations are open 24 hours per day and positioned in desirable locations close to major thoroughfares and retail destinations. Our stations are well-lit and easy to locate due to our unique charger
- Charging Station Functionality – With ultra-fast charging speeds up to 350+ kW our tech solutions offer 15 inch touchscreens and liquid-cooled charging cables long enough for every EV, Electrify America stations provide the ultimate customer
- Services and Hotlines – Our focus on customer satisfaction can be found throughout our operations, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The Electrify America customer contact center can help with the simplest question or a more technical challenge to keep our customers enjoying the many benefits of driving Plus, Electrify America’s Network Operations Center has a team of engineers keeping their finger on the pulse of our network performance around the clock.
- Access & Payment – Customers have multiple options to pay at Electrify America including our mobile app, credit card or tap your phone with Apple Pay or Google
- Technical – Category – Electrify America ultra-fast DC chargers are compatible with virtually all electric vehicles on the road today featuring the Combined Charging System (CCS) – the most common charging connector on the market today. The company was the first and only company to make Plug & Charge (P&C) payment technology available to multiple automakers, helping to make financial payment seamless
– no need for P&C-capable vehicle owners to reach for a credit card or wallet when paying for charges. Simply download the Electrify America app, input a payment method, and then plug, charge, and go.
In just over three years, Electrify America has 800 EV charging stations and about 3,500 individual ultra-fast chargers open or with construction completed in the U.S. As part of its national charging network in the U.S., Electrify America has more than 200 charging stations and over 830 individual chargers in the state of California.
The charging stations feature ultra-fast DC chargers that range in power from 150 kilowatt (kW) to 350kW – the fastest charging speed available today. By 2026, Electrify America plans to more than double its infrastructure with 1,800 charging stations comprised of 10,000 individual chargers in the United States and Canada.
About Electrify America
Electrify America LLC, the largest open DC fast charging network in the U.S., is investing $2 billion over 10 years in Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) infrastructure, education and access. The investment will enable millions of Americans to discover the benefits of electric driving and support the build-out of a nationwide network of workplace, community and highway chargers that are convenient and reliable. Electrify America expects to have more than 1,800 total charging stations with over 10,000 chargers in the United States and Canada by2026. During this period, the company will be expanding to 49 states and the District of Columbia, delivering on its commitment to support increased ZEV adoption with a network that is comprehensive, technologically advanced and customer friendly.
Electrify America earned the 2020 and “2021 EV Charging Infrastructure Best-in-Test” award from umlaut, an infrastructure and benchmarking specialist, now part of Accenture, as published in Charged Electric Vehicles Magazine. Electrify
America’s Electrify Home® offers home charging solutions for consumers with flexible installation options. Electrify Commercial® provides expert solutions for businesses looking to develop electric vehicle charging programs. For more information, visit www.electrifyamerica.com and media.electrifyamerica.com.